- NutritionData.com - an enormously useful site for anyone interested in what the nutritional/caloric/etc. content of their food is. This place contains a searchable database of every imaginable food, including extensive indexes of chain restaurants' menus. Their food-info graphics look spiffy and they seem to actually convey some useful information. The website even has a Firefox search plugin available!
- A cool Super Bowl quote, as recorded in the New York Times:
"I tell you what, I'm proud to be representing African-American coaches, to be the first African-American coach to win this," Dungy said. "It means an awful lot to our country. But again, more than anything, I said it before, Lovie Smith and I, not only the first two African-Americans, but Christian coaches showing you can win doing it the Lord's way. We're more proud of that."
I think it's cool that they're not screaming at their players or generally trying to make anybody's life miserable while they lead their respective teams. Very cool. I hope it catches on. :)
- One of my all-time favorite send-ups ever: Stargate does Farscape. "They're going to have our mivons in a plat!"
- When I first saw this prank I laughed, but I didn't really get it until my mother lent us 6 seasons of MacGyver and I started to fall into the vortex of mullets and fantastically improbable (but amusing) mechanical engineering. Stargate SG-1 is stuck with MacGuseless!
- And just in case you thought your traffic was bad, check out this Dhaka traffic jam. This is at a T-intersection, where the trunk of the 'T' is a road coming out of the bottomish-right part of the picture. The Bangladeshi friend who sent me this video said that this is a "light traffic day" and that even if they installed a traffic light, no one would pay any attention to it. Check out the pedestrians and, for all computer science geeks out there, just sit back and enjoy the deadlock.
Back to your regularly-scheduled programming! :)