Go to Wikipedia and look up your birthday (excluding the year). List three neat facts, two births and one death in your journal, including the year.
On April 8:
- 1742 - The first performance of George Frideric Handel's oratorio The Messiah, in Dublin.
- 1945 - At the POW camp at Flossenbürg, pastor and theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer's last full day alive (he was hanged on April 9th).
- 2005 - Funeral of Pope John Paul II
- 563 BC - Gautama Buddha, Indian religious leader (d. 483 BC)
- 1938 - Kofi Annan, Ghanian United Nations Secretary General, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize
- 1973 - Pablo Picasso, Spanish artist (b. 1881)
Also of note:
- Death: 2003 - Anita Borg, American computer scientist (b. 1949)
- Birth and Death: 1914 - María Félix, Mexican actress (d. 2002)
In other news, I like this "restore from saved draft" LJ feature on the update journal page.